Skip to main content

Good News Update on Catch the Wind

I am posting this update to let others know what I am thinking as I hold shares in a company, and how I react to press releases from the companies I hold.

At this particular moment, I am feeling a little optimistic since Catch the Wind (CTW) released a few new press releases demonstrating to me, forward movement or progress. (keeping in mind at all times that I could lose everything at any time)

In one press release dated March 19, 2012, CTW informed us of a partnership between CTW and Sanmina-SCI in Kanata, Ontario, under which a manufacturing services agreement will see Sanmina-SCI  produce and assemble the Vindicator® optical control system (OCS) units at its state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Kanata, Ontario. Under the agreement, Sanmina-SCI will also provide technical, engineering, design and other professional services related to the manufacture of the OCS. This is great because now CTW has a place that will manufacture the Vindicator OCS units for them and will also be able to handle high demand production. (supporting links below)

Just two days later, CTW released another press release stating that they had signed a multi-unit sales agreement with enXco, an EDF Energies Nouvelles Company which develops, constructs, operates and manages renewable energy projects throughout North America which will see enXco purchase an additional five Vindicator OCS units "to outfit wind turbines at multiple North American wind farms with Catch the Wind's advanced optical turbine control system" and that installation of these units is scheduled to begin in April of 2012.

Wanting a little further clarification on this press release, I called Phillip Dale, CTW's Investor Relations contact included at the end of the press release and if I recall correctly, I learned that CTW had previously provided Sanmina-SCI with a single Vindicator Unit to check out as a first stage, only to have them order five more units to use on various other Wind Farms to see how they perform, and that if all goes well, it may lead to further purchases of the units for more, or all turbines. Nothing is for sure, however this is the basic principal.

Then, just today, Monday March 26, 2012 CTW put out another press release, which indicates possibly further good news in that they have granted what are called Stock Options to several "insiders" or Board members as per their company compensation policy, which says basically that the individuals listed in the press release, (Board members etc.) have been granted the right to purchase shares of the company at the rate of 14.5 cents each any time from now until March 22, 2022.

This tells me that the company is confident that they will see their share price rise over the next ten years because an option gives the person who was granted it, the right, until the option expires (March 2022 in this case) to purchase shares at the price indicated in the option (ie 14.5 cents each) even if the share sky rocket or even rise a little for that matter.. until March of 2022.

So let's say in two years, CTW gets several more contracts with wind turbine companies to install their units on windmills, and CTW shares rise to two dollars each. If I held an option at 14.5 cents, I could purchase those $2.00 shares for just 14.5 cents each! Talk about savings!!! Not only savings, but once they purchase those shares, they can then sell them at the market price at the time and make a buck, or hold on to them longer to see if they go up in value even further.

This offers them a real safety cushion because even if the shares were at $2.00 each for a while, and they start to fall way down to $1.00 each, they are still going to profit on a sale since they only bought them for 14.5 cents each using their Options. Pretty cool eh? (yeah, I said eh because I am Canadian!!! lol )

So now I'll let you read the press releases for yourself by clicking on the link below. If you have any questions, please use the comment tool below this post.


Popular posts from this blog

Diamonds and Uranium and Investing Oh My!

About the new diamond mine (Stornoway)  that I own 500 shares of. About half the shares I bought around 2012 were at approximately .66 cents each. Another batch I bought at a later date were around .97 cents and the final batch I bought totalling my share ownership to 500 shares was approximately .73 cents each. Currently the shares are running at around $1.03 which is a good increase for some of my shares. The Stornoway Diamond mine in Quebec is slated to open in December of 2016 so hopefully I can time the selling of some of my shares when they are up. My guess is that they may spike after announcements or press releases in November/December saying the diamond mine is officially opening and shortly after that ... Where I believe they will slowly start to drop over time again with occasional spikes on good press releases.From much of the research I have done into many other mining companies and their share prices ..  It seems the companies highest share prices are found very early wh…

Fourth Purchase - More Shares of Catch the Wind (CTW)

I recently purchased 600 more shares of Catch the Wind (CTW) because they had fallen to quite a low of just .11 cents per share and I thought now is a good time to buy more and potentially profit from any further increases in share price.

I would not do this with just any shares randomly, however, I feel pretty confident that Catch the Wind (CTW) is going to eventually make a profit since what they are doing is very timely given that the green movement is still rather young, and since (CTW) have never given up despite legal and logistical difficulties they experienced as the result of disputes between themselves and their former colleagues, where (CTW) ended up relocating to a new facility and becoming embroiled in a legal battle between themselves and their former colleagues over withheld equipment and financial compensation matters to name a couple.

To recap, I bought 600 shares of (CTW) in March of 2012 at a cost of just .11 cents each. The value of my purchase at the time was $66…